Judges: Summit County Sheriff's Deputies!
Calling Pie Baker's of All Ages! If you’ve got the best pie baking skills in the County come compete in the Annual Summit County Fair Pie Baking Contest.
Free To Compete!
Categories and Prizes
- 1st place $200.00
- 2nd place $100.00
- 3rd place $ 50.00
Youth - (Maximum age is 17 years old)
- 1st place $150.00
- 2nd place $75.00
- 3rd place $ 50.00
Pie Baking Contact:
Contact Fair Office @ 435.336.3249
Pie Baking Contest Rules:
Pie must be entered in the name of the person who made it.
Limited to one pie per person
1. To enter your pie
- Bring your pie to the contest site (the Entertainment Tent) between 12:30 p.m. and 12:55 p.m. on the day of the contest. (Friday, August 9). The Health Department requires: No pies that require refrigeration will be accepted (i.e. dairy, cream and meat pies.)
- The person running the Pie-Baking Contest will have the final say on acceptability of the pies.
- Fill out the registration form
- Acknowledge the pies entered in the contest become the property of the contest, and you do not get your pie or pie pan back. (Please bring in disposable tins).
- If you are a winner, you give your permission to have your photo taken during the announcement ceremony and acknowledge it can be used for the pie baking promotional materials, including the website.
- A copy of your pie recipe would be appreciated; it may be posted on the internet.
2. Judging - will start at about 1:00 p.m.
- Minimum of three judges per category
- Overall appearance
- Each judge assigns a numerical value (1—10) in each criteria category, without consultation with the other judges.
- The pie receiving the highest total numerical value is the winner in that category.
- In the case of a tie, the judges will judge those pies again.
4. Grand Prize Winner
- Each 1st Prize winning pie will be judged again.
- Judges will decide which pie is the Grand Prize Pie.
- Winners will be announced after the judging is complete.