Pageant - Thursday, August 5, 2021 – 7:00 p.m. - North Summit High School
Application Due Monday July 20, 2021
- Miss Summit County - $1,000.00
- 1st Attendant - $750.00
- 2nd Attendant - $500.00
For many years, the Miss Summit County Fair Scholarship Pageant has recognized and honored local women who participate in the event. Summit County residents between the ages of 17 and 24 are eligible to enter the contest and win scholarship money and prizes.
The pageant strives to promote self-esteem and public-speaking abilities through structured focus groups, workshops, and professional training sessions. Events include and Orientation Course, a Pageant Prep Program and an Official Dress Rehearsal.
Those vying for the title, will be judged and awarded prizes in multiple categories including
4. Talent Presentation
The winning ladies will represent Summit County and their home communities by attending various activities throughout the area and the state in an effort to promote the Fair. Some of these activities include the Oakley, Park City and Henefer Fourth of July Parades, Kamas Fiesta Day Parade and The Days of 47 Parade in Salt Lake City.
Monday, August 2, 2020
5:00 pm - 9:00 pm- Orientation Course & Pageant Prep Program and Rehearsal – North Summit High School
Tuesday, August 3, 2020
5:00 pm - 8:00 p.m. - Clinic & Coaching Workshop, Photo Session - TBA
Photo Session -
- Have your head-shot taken by a professional photographer
Wednesday, August 4, 2020
5:00 pm – Official Dress Rehearsal (all Talent Presetnations must be perfromed in full) – North Summit High School
Thursday, August 5, 2020 – Pageant - North Summit High School
2:00 pm – 4:00 pm – Interview Portion
4:00 pm – 7:00 pm – Prepare and Dress for Pageant
6:00 pm – Light Dinner
7:00 pm – Pageant
- Emcee: TBA
Miss Summit County Scholarship Pageant Contestant Contract
As a contestant of the Miss Summit County Pageant, 2020 I understand and agree to the following:
1. I will abide by the judges’ choice and accept their decision as final.
2. I understand that as a contestant or member of the court, I represent Summit County and must maintain and promote the highest standards of moral and ethical conduct at all times.
3. I will not place myself in, or be a part of anything that would be an embarrassment to me, my family or Summit County.
4. I understand and will discharge my responsibility to uphold all rules and regulations established by Summit County, Miss Summit County pageant officials and the Summit County Fair Board.
5. I understand that all communication with county staff or the Fair Board regarding my participation in the pageant is to be directed through the pageant director or assistant director and not directly to staff or fair board.
6. I will maintain the confidentiality of privileged information entrusted or known by me by virtue of my title or position.
7. I understand that all communication, both verbal and non-verbal, must be truthful and accurate.
8. I will cooperate in every reasonable and proper way with other pageant members, and work with them fully, for the entire year of my responsibility.
9. I understand the importance of maintaining a wholesome environment at all levels of this competition, and that each and every contestant in the Miss Summit County pageant is guaranteed a fair, objective, and unbiased opportunity to compete for the scholarship award and the crown.
10. I am not now, nor have I ever been pregnant.
11. I am not now, nor have I ever been married.
12. I have never been convicted of any criminal misdemeanor or felony offense (excluding minor traffic offenses).
13. I am between the age of 17 and 24. (As of the 5th of August, 2021)
14. I have been a resident of Summit County, Utah, for at least 6 months preceding the date of the competition; have not represented myself as, applied as, or any way gained benefit as a resident of any other county or state; and if selected as Miss Summit County, will continue to maintain my residence in Summit County until the title of Miss Summit County is passed on. Proof of residency may be shown by any of the following:
a. Verified proof of attendance at any public school located within Summit County
b. Valid Driver’s License showing a Summit County Address
c. Proof of six (6) months of continuous full time employment within Summit County proceeding the date of the competition
d. Utility bill, Bank statement, etc.
15. I am a citizen of the United States.
16. If selected, I understand that Miss Summit County shall be required to participate in the following events during her reign:
a. Utah State Fair (1 Day)
b. Summit County Fair & Parades, as directed by the Fair Board, Park City 4th of July Parade, Park City Labor Day Parade, Kamas Valley Fiesta Days Parade, the Oakley 4th of July Parade, Henefer 4th of July Parade, Francis Frontier Days Parade.
c. Promote the Summit County Pageant in the local High Schools within the County during the Spring of the year
d. Plan and complete a service project (preferred to be connected with contestant's individual Pageant Platform)
e. Other activities as designated by the Fair Board or the County Manager
17. If selected, I understand that the Attendants to Miss Summit County shall be required to participate in the following events during the reign of Miss Summit County:
a. Summit County Fair & Parades, as directed by the Fair Board, Park City 4th of July Parade, Park City Labor Day Parade, Kamas Valley Fiesta Days Parade, the Oakley 4th of July Parade, Henefer 4th of July Parade, Francis Frontier Days Parade
b. Promote the Summit County Pageant in the local High Schools within the County during the Spring of the year
c. Plan and complete a service project.
d. Other activities as designated by the Fair Board or the County Manager
18. I understand and agree that if for any reason the winner of the title of Miss Summit County cannot fulfill her duties, is disqualified for any reason or released from her duties, that the first Attendant selected by the judges shall succeed to the title of Miss Summit County and assume all responsibilities and obligations of that title.
19. I understand that all scholarship monies will be awarded after I have completed my responsibilities to the satisfaction of the Summit County Fair Board, The County Manager and its officials and that there will be a two (2) year limit in which to ask for disbursement of the scholarship money. Any request for scholarship funds must be made in writing with proof of school attendance (tuition receipt, class schedule, etc.)
20. I understand that all if at any time during my reign as either Miss Summit County or an Attendant, I violate any term of this agreement or no longer meet the eligibility requirements listed above, I will not receive any of the scholarship awards due to failure to complete my responsibilities (see paragraph 19 above). In addition, I may be required to return any prizes, awards, crowns, or other items obtained through my participation in the program.
21. If selected as Miss Summit County, I will be available to pass the title to the next winner at the Miss Summit County Pageant the following year.
22. I understand that the Miss Summit County pageant is in no way affiliated with either the Miss Utah or Miss America Pageants.
23. I understand that parents and friends are not allowed in the rehearsal hall during practice for the pageant. Only participants and staff are to be in the building. I also understand that no friends or family can be back stage before or during the pageant. I understand that family nor friends, should interfere with official pageant events (parades, appearances, etc.).
24. In the event that the number of applicants exceed the number of allotted contestants , the top 15 candidates will be selected by a non Summit County Pageant official based on answers given on the contestants application. Selected contestants will be notified by July 28, 2021.
25. I understand and accept this contestant contract and know that this has been adopted to promote and maintain the highest standards of service and personal conduct among the contestants and winners in the Miss Summit County Pageant. Adherence to this contract is required and serves to assure public confidence in the integrity of the Miss Summit County Scholarship Program. By my signature below I swear under oath that I have read, understood and agree with the terms, conditions and representations set forth above.
26. I understand that at all events I am expected wear appropriate designated attire including, but, not limited to crown and sash.
27. Final "Talent Presentation" must be confirmed no later than Monday, August 2, 2021. Talent must be fully performed at dress rehearsal. Talent may not be changed past this date without permission form Pageant Director and Fair Staff/Board.