· Film submissions are due no later than July 21, 2018
· Winners Announced- August 9, 2018
1st Place - $500.00
2nd Place - Zoom H4N Digital Multitrack Recorder
or HERO Session™ GoPro Camera
3rd Place - Season Passes to Park City Film Series (2 @ $500.00 value)
The Summit County Fair Film Competition is a partnership between the Summit County Fair and the Park City Film Series. The Film Competition is open to anyone who is a resident of Summit County and under 21 years of age at the time of entry.
Each Film submission will be judged by a panel comprised of leaders in the visual arts and film community. In the judging of the films, special consideration will be given to teams that are made of students from all three high schools (encouraging cross-county collaboration) and teams with female directors. In addition, submissions that focus on what Arts and Culture mean to Summit County residents are encouraged.
Submissions will be screened during the fair's outdoor movie screening on Tuesday, August 8th at the Quonset Hut Exhibit Hall during the Summit County Fair, showcased on the Summit County Fair and Park City Film Series websites and Facebook pages and prizes will be awarded as noted.
Films should be:
Films must be:
- No more than 30 minutes in length
- Original content created by the filmmaker or the movie production crew (this applies to all video, graphics, photographs and music).
- Produced within the last 12 months prior to their entry date.
- The films will be shown in the Quonset Hut during exhibit hours.
Films may NOT contain:
- Any third party video, photographs, audio, music, or graphics except for those created by the producer’s filmmakers and creative crew. Stock video or photographs, screen capture content from YouTube or video games, etc. will not be accepted.
- Third party voice-overs for which you have not obtained the rights to use will not be accepted.
- All content must be original and owned by the producer and/or the producer must have ownership of the copy written material and/or have permission.
- Nudity, lewd or vulgar behavior; offensive language and/or gestures.
- Film submissions are due no later than July 21, 2018
- Contest winners will be announced on August 7, 2018
- The Contest is open to the public. Any student under the age of 21 who is a resident of Summit County at the time of submission are eligible to enter their film. The Contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Judges and members of the Review Panel (and their immediate family members and members of the same households, whether related or not) are not eligible to participate. Participants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of the review panel, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Contest.
- Films that have been submitted to other contests are eligible for entry as long as they were created within the 12 months prior to their entry date.
· Upload your entry to our Vimeo Group: https://vimeo.com/groups/summitcofilm2017
About the Summit County Fair
The Fair has been a local tradition since 1909. By integrating new activities with old exhibits, the Fair offers opportunities for students to enter their work in a variety of areas and classes. Each entry to the County Wide Film Competition will be judged. The official entry rules for the Film Contest can be found at: Fair Rules and Regulations 2018